An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North and South America, and Asia. For 125 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular people to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The Corporate Staff Accountant Summer Internship position will be actively working on performing the general ledger accounting, reporting, analysis, reconciliations, and necessary allocations for specific corporate business units. This position will also include actively helping with Scoular's year-end audit preparing schedules and directly interfacing with the Company's external auditors as well as preparing necessary reports for internal financial reporting used throughout the Company. At the end of the Internship, the Corporate Accounting Intern will prepare a presentation relating to projects and skills learned over the summer. The position will also include actively researching and applying current accounting issues in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform the accounting for various corporate business units and work on the monthly financial statement close for those units.
- Assist with Scoular's year-end audit in preparing audit schedules and facilitating testwork.
- Work on accounting research, preparing special reports for management, and other projects as directed by management.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business and has completed Intermediate Financial Accounting
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and verbally with employees at all levels
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to research and solve problems
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-changing workplace
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable)
- Maintain an advanced skill level in utilizing Microsoft Excel with the ability to create pivot tables, operate lookups, and format reports as needed for management.
The Scoular Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer