Assistant Director - Security
An Assistant Director of Security is responsible for assisting and acting in the Director's absence to oversee and implement all safety and security programs and initiatives to ensure the safety of guests and team members and the security of the hotel and property.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant Director of Security, you would be responsible for assisting and acting in the Director's absence to oversee and implement all safety and security programs and initiatives to ensure the safety of guests and team members and the security of the hotel and property. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Director in administering all Safety and Security operations and functions to include, but not limited to, preserving the safety and security of the guests, team members and the facility, safe work practice promotion, OSHA compliance, safety incentive programs, training, systems management, lost and found, budget and forecasting, department management and meeting participation and facilitation
- Assist in directing and administering the patrol of the interior of and the perimeter of the hotel and the property to observe and identify potential safety risks, security risks and undesirable conditions
- Assist in directing and leading investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities
- Assist in leading response to emergency situations including, but not limited to, safety hazards, fires, medical emergencies and threats to life and/or property
- Assist in the coordination of all safety training to include, but not limited to, CPR, fire and life safety systems, workplace violence prevention, limo driver training, etc.
- Serve as liaison with federal, state and local law enforcement
- Write and assist in the administration and accuracy of all required reports and documentation
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!