Location: 10909 John Galt Blvd, Omaha, NE, 68137
Great Place to Work!
Love what you do. Omaha Steaks employees work every day to deliver experiences that bring families and friends together, across the country. We're proud to sell world-famous steaks and a menu of outstanding, wholesome products. The work is worthy of our name and the exceptional customer experience makes a lasting impression.
Big brand, small company. Your work will help define the future of an American heritage brand and household name. Omaha Steaks reach is broad and impact is huge; our team is small, adventurous, and entrepreneurial. If you're energized by making things happen, this is the place for you.
It's all in the family. Literally. We're a fifth-generation family-owned business, and they're not peering down from boardroom windows-the owners and leadership team actually run the business every day. You'll find genuine relationships with every employee, with a family focus on safety, health care, educational assistance, and wellness.
Supports the Senior Purchasing Manager in all purchasing transactions. Negotiates prices and makes purchases for smaller category items. Maintains tracking records of all orders and their delivery, and follows up on issues with purchases.
Major Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with vendors to make purchases for smaller category items. Ensures these purchases are made at the right time based on price, quality and availability.
- Maintains records of all purchasing transactions, including order maintenance, order and delivery tracking and QA.
- Works with other departments to ensure spec sheets and new item set-up are complete and accurate.
- Ensures the quality and quantity of purchases made are as expected. Investigates and resolves issues as they arise.
- Develops and maintains complete understanding of products being sold. Makes purchasing recommendations based on research and analysis of market trends.
- Demonstrates a consistent positive attitude to support a productive work environment. Cooperates, communicates and works well with coworkers. Treats all employees and customers respectfully.
- Meets expectations for attendance and punctuality. Adheres to work rules and Company policies. Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment at all times and adheres to safety and security standards in the performance of all job duties, and immediately reports all safety hazards or incidents to a supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 4-year college degree in Purchasing, Business Management, Economics, or related field.
- 1-2 Years of experience in pricing and purchasing.
- Microsoft Office Software.
- Experience with inventory software, QANTEL, and AS400 is preferred.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills coupled with effective negotiating skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills that support financial analysis. Understanding of translating sales projections into effective purchasing.
- This is a full-time position. Please plan to work approximately 40 hours per week.