REPORTS TO: Manager
FLSA CLASS: Hourly Non-Exempt
The job duties described below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Description of the Position:
In general, every McMenamins server will be asked to handle every task from opening to closing. Duties include but are not limited to; serving food, pouring and serving beer, wine and spirits, greeting incoming customers, seating guests or directing them to choose their preferred seating, waiting on and bussing tables, operating a cash register and/or POS system, restocking supplies, dishwashing, general cleaning, work in smoking and non-smoking environments, working outside on a seasonal basis, and most importantly, maintaining and providing excellent customer relations with all patrons. Being a server can be hard physical work and requires mental agility and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast paced and deadline oriented environment. A server must also have the ability to work well independently and as a member of a team. Each employee will be expected to perform their job in a safe manner and report any safety concerns to Management. All McMenamins employees will also be expected to keep current on all company events, history, and products. Other duties are assigned by the Manager on duty.
Requirements of the Job:
- Obtain and maintain current food handlers and OLCC/WA liquor license
- Ability to accurately handle cash and work with numbers
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- A flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays required
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Safely lift and carry heavy objects with a hand truck or the help of another person if necessary
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a high volume, deadline oriented work environment
- Work for long periods on feet including frequent walking, stair climbing and working outdoors in varied weather conditions as necessary
- Perform repetitive movement such as pushing, pulling, bending, some twisting and stooping
- Perform fine hand manipulation including handling small and large objects, computer keyboard usage, writing, and use of kitchen equipment including knives and slicers
- Ability to communicate clearly & be positive, polite, and cooperative with co-workers, managers, vendors, and customers
- Work in & around a hot kitchen and various heat sources, including grills, broilers, and hot-oil fryers
- Work with chemicals used in cleaning and sanitizing
- Complete miscellaneous side work as directed by manager on duty
Most importantly, this job requires a positive attitude and a commitment to excellent customer service.
Each employee is expected to come to work ready to have fun and be a positive force.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB WITH OR WITHOUT
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend