Providence is calling a Perioperative Support Assistant (1.0 FTE, Evening Shift) to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a Perioperative Support Assistant to provide patient support services in the OR.
In this position you will:
- Maintain a clean, sterile and organized department including equipment and surgical instruments.
- Work closely with the surgical patient and the perioperative team, and assist the surgeon as necessary during procedures.
- Anticipate the needs of the surgical team according to the requirements of the procedure.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience as a surgery assistant in a hospital or medical environment.
- Certification as an EMT or NAC
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®“ recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.