Providence is calling a Patient Scheduler (0.6 FTE, Dayshift, Infusion Center Dept.) to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
Patient Schedulers perform a variety of clerical duties involved in scheduling appointments, exams, and procedures; processing forms and data; and providing information to assist patients in obtaining hospital and clinic services
In this position you will:
- Coordination and facilitation skills to organize and schedule tasks.
- Ability to determine priorities and make sound decisions and judgments.
- Assure that tests, procedures, exams, etc. are scheduled in correct sequences and in coordination with physicians and staff availability, time requirements, and other scheduling considerations.
- Screens orders for surgical, laboratory, and diagnostic imaging procedures. Coordinates films, clinical information, H&P, and other records to assure that requests have accurate diagnosis, clinical indication and/or other information.
- Verify or cancel appointments, exams and procedures as necessary. Notifies patients/physicians of schedules and changes.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1 year health-care related clerical experience/education.
- Medical terminology.
- Keyboarding skills.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Clerical experience in a hospital or clinical setting.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®“ recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.