$3,000 sign-on bonus offered to external candidates!
Providence is calling a Medical Assistant (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to Cardiology Associates for Providence Medical Group Southwest Washington in Olympia, WA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical information
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter
- Document all interactions in patient's medical record
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as appropriate per role and certfication, obtain specimens, perform required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, otic, ophthalmalogic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including combination or multi-dose vaccines
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate to scope of role and certification
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited school for Medical Assistants
- Active Interim Certificate, Registered or Active MA-C or licensed through state where hired (if required by state), OR a graduate of schools for MA diploma/certificate from the military in Medical Specialist Course.
- WA State MA-I, MA-R, or MA-C required upon hire to work in state of WA. If in Active Interim Certification Status, applicant must pass one of the following exams within 120 days of hire: AAMA, AMCA, NHA, AMT, NCCT, or NAHP (WA State Only). Medical Assistant-Registered (MA-R) is only accepted in WA State.
- Current BLS through the American Heart Association
- Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting (0-6 months)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year of experience working as a Medical Assistant
- Certified as a Medical Assistant Certified (MA-C)
- Ability to work Mon-Fri within the 8:30am to 5:00pm timeframe
About the group you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is a group of more than 125 primary care, specialty care and hospital-based medical providers who serve a five-county region in scenic southwest Washington. Our clinics are located in Aberdeen, Centralia, Lacey, Olympia and Rochester. With an emphasis on the medical home model, our providers and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.