Providence is calling a Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) (0.9 FTE, Night Shift) in Surgical Acute at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
The Certified Nurse Assistant provides nursing care, respiratory care, splinting, and patient support services in a hospital unit under the direction of the Clinical Manager.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrates application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors in the physical, motor/sensory, cognitive, psychosocial, patient and family education areas based on PSPH age specific care competency assessment tool.
- Takes and records vital signs; height; weight; food and fluid intake and output; and finger sticks for blood sugar checks; report and documentation.
- Recognizes and reports abnormal signs and symptoms, maintains a safe environment for patients.
- Bathes, dresses, and feed patients; respond to call lights.
- Assists with communication and reports patientsâ concerns.
- Orients patients to rooms, unit routines and any equipment necessary for care (call lights, plexipulses, etc.).
- Valid State of Washington Nursing Assistant Certification (without restrictions)
- American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Basic Life Support (BLS)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Six (6) months working as a Certified Nursing Assistant in a healthcare setting, long-term care or similar environment
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted MagnetÂ®“ recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing CenterÂ®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.