Providence is calling a Care Management Registered Nurse (RN) (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking a compassionate and caring Care Management Registered Nurse (RN) to coordinate the care for complex patients from pre-admission to immediate post-discharge. In a non caregiver capacity, the RN will facilitate coordination and communication between all members of the health care team in the decision making process to minimize fragmentation of the health care delivery system.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrate expertise in the application of the nursing process. Assesses patients for care management services after a referral has been made based on the Admission screening and referrals for potential patient issues.
- Appropriately identifies actual and potential care issues.
- Develops and manages a coordinated plan of care to meet patient and/or family needs.
- Assures that patients are placed on appropriate clinical pathway and protocols, individualizes patient care needs through consultation with the multidisciplinary team.
- Monitors the patient/family progress towards achieving optimal functional status.
- Organizes and links appropriate services within the hospital and community to deliver coordinated care to patient and family. Evaluates post-acute care environment for accessibility and adaptive needs.
- Plans, leads, participates in or follows through with multidisciplinary team meetings as needed for care coordination. Assesses the teaching needs of the patient and family members based on patient goals and objectives.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Three (3) years of experience in nursing with prior experience in Utilization Review, Home Health, Quality Management or an associate Degree in Nursing
- Washington State License as a Registered Nurse
- Demonstrates a positive, professional and personal image
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted MagnetÂ® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing CenterÂ®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.