Providence is calling an Admitting Representative (Per diem, Variable Shift) to Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, Washington.
The Admitting Representative to be responsible for securing appropriate patient account reimbursement by obtaining complex demographic, insurance and medical information and ensuring this is documented timely and accurately. Provides assistance, directions, and instructions to visitors, patients and the general public regarding hospital/patient information.
In this position you will:
- Create a consistent and exceptional patient experience throughout the patient interview process
- Provide superior customer service to all customers accurately and timely in a positive manner. Demonstrates ability to multitask and prioritize with frequent interruptions. Provides accurate patient information
- Demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills. Courteously answers department telephone identifies facility and department
- Effectively utilizes all information tools and resources maintained by the department
- Assess patient ability to complete the admission process prior to receiving services or going to their hospital rooms. In some instances, may require bedside registration
Required qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year experience in customer service or healthcare registration
- A track record in organizing and planning with demonstrated ability to effectively manage time and achieve results in a fast paced environment
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Some college level course work, particularly in Medical Terminology or Medical Assistance coursework
- National Certification of Certified Healthcare Acccess Associate (CHAA)
- Previous Admitting Representative and third party payor experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted MagnetÂ®“ recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing CenterÂ®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.