- Keeps the Patient Admitting Director informed of erroneous information and changes to admit sheets.
- Processes registrations in a timely manner.
- Receives and interviews patients while obtaining and verifying pertinent personal, financial and medical data.
- Scan Medicare, DPA, and insurance cards. Completes all required forms and obtains necessary signatures including Medicare MSP, prints labels, and armbands and affixes armbands.
- Gives assistance to visitors of families as well as patients in the waiting rooms.
- Enters orders into the EPIC system
- Maintains optimalcustomer service standards in service to internal and external customers. Fully participates in The Carle Experience/Core Values – Practices the WAY TO BE standards and related MUST-HAVES in his/her daily work. Is approachable, respectful, professional, the solution and a team player in his/her actions and words as an ambassador for the hospital and Carle Health System. Adheres to and demonstrates CRMH Core Values in all job responsibilities.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned and works additional hours as needed in a timely and professional manner
Responsible for registration and signatures of required forms. Explains hospital policies as they relate to registration and answers patient questions. Communicates with medical staff, nursing personnel and other department's staff. Maintains a liaison with patients, their families, support personnel, etc., to assure patient needs are continually met. Responsible for insurance verification. Attends and participates in continuing educational programs. Performs other duties as assigned by the Patient Admitting Director.