Licensed Practical Nurse - Full Time (ARCH)
The overall purpose of the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) position is to perform practical nursing work under the general supervision of a registered nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We call our program "ARCH" – the Active Recovery Center. ARCH is a completely renovated facility providing state of the art short-term healthcare services featuring fully remodeled rooms, outstanding staffing ratios, hotel-like amenities, and an unmatched commitment to customer service.
- Representing the ARCH program throughout the community, including onsite at area hospitals, physician groups, and our other healthcare partners.
- Creates highest standard of resident experience, with dedication to resident choice and overall "can-do" approach to resident satisfaction.
- Values and upholds the Helia Healthcare Principles and Commitments including compassion, responsiveness, teamwork, courtesy, personalized care and believing that being nice matters.
- Dedicated to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Consistent and regular attendance.
- Provides resident care in accordance with accepted standards of practice and within the scope of the LPN license.
- Observes and reports on resident's conditions/changes and then documents in accordance with facility policies and as required by regulations.
- Administers medication/treatment as prescribed within the LPN scope of practice.
- Receives, transcribes and executes physician orders.
- Implements and evaluates resident's plan of care.
- Identifies and secures equipment and supplies. Notifies supervisor when supplies are needed.
- Informs subordinate staff about the condition of residents and expectations/needs for the shift assigned at the beginning of each shift and receives report from subordinates throughout and at the end of each shift regarding resident conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Licensed Practical Nurse must have the following:
- A current, valid Illinois Licensed Practical Nurse license is required.
- Education/and or experience in long-term care, acute care, or geriatric nursing preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English Language and to verbally converse with different levels of staff, parent families, and any outside customers.
- No disqualifying criminal offenses as defined by regulatory guidelines.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write nursing/patient progress notes, and nursing procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from department heads, customers (patients, family members, physicians, etc.) and the general public.
Benefits for Licensed Practical Nurse
As part of our dedicated team, you will be offered competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes full health insurance (including medical, dental, vision and pharmacy benefits), 401k, ETO, and much more.