Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Field Operator (Wireline) to be based in Olney, IL.
- Preparing for jobs and performing tool maintenance, pre-job and post- job tool checkout
- Rigging-up and rigging-down equipment at the well site
- Service mechanical devices and building logging cable heads
- Perforating cable heads and maintenance on the tools
- Maintaining well site/DOT records and communications as required by District Manager
- Completing job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew
- Promoting and maintaining good customer relations
- Receiving instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on well site activity
- Performing basic duties at the well site and at the shop
- Driving company vehicles in a safe manner while observing Company and government regulations
- Participating in quality improvement efforts for ballistics operations
- May supervise and train other Field Operators while maintaining a high level of safety awareness at the well site
- Performing other related duties as required
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Must be 21 years of age or older in order to obtain ATF explosives certification
- Must have a clean driving record with the ability and willingness to obtain a Class A CDL with Hazmat through company paid training
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work and communicate well with customers and employees
- Typical hours are M-F / 8-5 (24/7 on call) and on-call one weekend per month, but must have the ability to work overtime with flexibility at well sites for extended periods of time (Lodging and Per-Diem provided)
- Must have the ability to pass a Federal background check
- Ability to utilize computers for communication, reporting and other work-related purposes
- Previous experience in Oil and Gas or as a Wireline Field Operator
- Class A CDL with Hazmat
- Career-minded individuals with a strong work ethic and a desire to advance
- Military, Construction, Technician, Mechanic, and/or CDL Driver background
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more