The mission at View is to create Delightful Human Environments.
In the great tradition of challenging the way we think about everyday essentials, the team at View has reinvented something that hasn't changed for centuries – the simple window – and in doing so, is transforming the largest industry in the world: real estate.
We manufacture View Dynamic Glass, a new generation of smart windows that let in natural light and views, and enhance mental and physical wellbeing by significantly reducing headaches, eyestrain and drowsiness. In addition, View's windows reduce glare and heat, improving the energy efficiency of buildings by 20 percent. View's windows are digital, cloud connected, and can be controlled from anywhere, including your phone. We are also leveraging advances in AI to develop smart building and IoT applications that make buildings healthier, smarter and more productive than anyone ever imagined.
View is already installed in over 50 million square feet and is growing rapidly. If you dream of changing the world to make it a better place – join us.
View is seeking an experienced Controls Engineer for employment in its first high-volume manufacturing facility in Olive Branch, MS. The new facility will produce revolutionary electrochromic insulated glass units for use in commercial and residential windows.
The successful candidate will produce automation engineering designs and modifications by identifying project objectives and issues; researching and developing automation engineering concepts and techniques; verifying and validating plans; supporting project implementation. The candidate will also be responsible for determining automation engineering design issues by evaluating current automation equipment and new concepts; studying project objectives; analyzing production requirements; evaluating similar and related automation applications, information technology systems and engineering and mechanical processes; identifying and establishing performance standards.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include process control system design, control panel engineering, SCADA, PLC and HMI programming, start-up support of integrated control systems.
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in electrical design, programming and troubleshooting of process equipment. Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, Micrologix) PLCs, PanelView HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks and control panel design is also required. Experience with Siemens or Mitsubishi PLCs a plus
- Experience with E-Plan, FactoryTalk SE, Wonderware, C#, Servos, and Vision applications is a plus.
- Candidates need to possess good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors. Candidate should also be self-motivated and capable of working in a project team environment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 years experience in automation/controls engineering
- Design Skills, Analyzing Information , General Math Skills, Verbal Communication, Power Tools, CAD, Attention to Detail, Technical Zeal, Quick Study, Quality Focus
- Key contributor in development and sustaining of electrochromic processing equipment
- Ability to think creatively on one's feet to quickly produce and deliver unique solutions to difficult problems
- Hands-on trouble shooting skills and good problem solving skills required
- Semiconductor capital equipment/vacuum sputter process equipment experience is a plus
- Semiconductor metrology equipment/laser scribe equipment/other industrial equipment experience a big plus
- Experience specifying, integrating, and deploying production equipment, esp. sputter production equipment, highly desired.
- S. in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Engineering or other STEM related degree. Or, 8 plus years experience in related engineering field required.
View, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer