Primary Purpose and Essential Functions Provide support to Shop Leadership. Determine best cost value parts solutions for a varying amount of techs and continually enhance shop performance by continuously exploring new added value opportunities.
- Assist terminal leadership in identifying areas for improvement as needed.
- Issue purchase orders and purchases parts for terminal at best possible price and value.
- Negotiate parts and material prices with vendors.
- Maintain shop records such as tire count, inventory of parts, outstanding invoices and contracts.
- Identify warranty coverage of equipment repairs and ensure warranty claims are filed correctly.
- Identify chronic and repetitive repair issues and determine optimal solutions based on safety, time an cost.
- Evaluate service quality and continually improve metrics for assigned location(s).
- Provide hands-on training to technicians.
- Mentor and develop other technician mentors to ensure productivity and efficiency standards are met.
- Mindfully create, review, monitor and close work orders in a safe and timely manner.
- Effectively assign and schedule work to a varying number of technicians.
- Proactively work to assist others in achieving organizational objectives.
- Skills: Must be familiar with completing purchase orders and/or repair orders. Must be familiar with looking up parts and placing on-line orders using appropriate OEM websites. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite. Must be a team player. Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience Required: Previous mechanical experience preferred. Previous experience complying with OSHA, DOT, and CSA regulations preferred. Prior management experience preferred. Shop Assistant Manager