New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide. The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 alumni comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
New York Institute of Technology seeks applicants for a temporary role as a Planning Support Specialist located in Long Island (Old Westbury) New York, to assist in New York Tech's wide strategic planning and follow up.
- Support the Co- Chairs of the Strategic Planning initiative in creating project schedule and manage workflow to keep the process on track.
- Set up group and individual meetings, verify attendance and take notes as needed.
- Manage strategic planning process communications with VP's/Deans.
- Collect and edit documents and interface with strategic planning related consultants.
- Work with key units (e.g., institutional research, assessment) for facilitation, coordination and deployment of tasks.
- Write and edit strategic plan related documents.
- Administrative support for the Associate Provost for Strategic Academic and Research Initiatives.
- Schedule meetings, telephone support and other tasks as assigned by the Associate Provost.
A Bachelor's degree is required.
- Knowledge of Business, Social Sciences, Information Technology, or related field.
- Two-years of demonstrated project management experience is required.
- Ability to apply planning skills, manage project tasks and negotiate team needs.
- Knowledge of higher education accreditation processes.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
- Strong editing skills especially utilized in submission of accreditation documents.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships across university constituencies in a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effective people skills that are responsive and result-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments promptly and accurately.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft applications, Google Suite is required. Proficiency in Oracle or experience with instructional design tools is preferred.
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity