NYIT (New York Institute of Technology) offers 90 degree programs, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees, in more than 50 fields of study, including architecture and design; arts and sciences; education; engineering and computing sciences; health professions; management; and osteopathic medicine. A non-profit independent, private institution of higher education, NYIT has 9,000 students at campuses in New York City (Manhattan) and Long Island (Old Westbury) in New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; Vancouver, British Columbia; and in various programs around the world. NYIT sponsors 13 NCAA Division II programs.
NYIT is guided by its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, offer access to opportunity to all qualified students, and support research and scholarship that benefit the larger world. More than 100,000 graduates have received degrees from NYIT. For more information, visit nyit.edu.
New York Institute of Technology Division of Campus Dining seeks a Driver to deliver food, beverages, and non-food items to dining locations/buildings within and outside New York Tech's Long Island and NYC campuses.
- Read and understand instructions noted for daily events.
- Complete logs and other necessary documentation with the direction and supervision of the Catering Chef and/or Event Catering Coordinator.
- Ensure all items needed for event are on truck before delivery is made.
- Manage all catering orders that come in by ensuring they are being delivered to the appropriate locations by the requested times.
- Assist in receiving and storage of deliveries along with the Executive Chef and purchasing agent.
- Provide assistance in other food service areas as needed.
- Train and develop part time drivers to assist in the proper delivery policies of Food Service Dept.
- Train on putting orders together, filling out checklists appropriately, handling the equipment properly, etc.
- Notify Catering Chef and/or Event Catering Cordinator when inventory of items or equipment is low or damaged including dry goods, beverage, equipment, disposables, linens, etc.
- Customer Service:
- Ensure that personalized greetings are used with all customers.
- Properly handle customer complaints using the L.A.S.T. method.
- Maintain uniform according to Uniform Policy stated.
- Manage all Food Service vehicles to ensure inspections are up to date – trucks have been routinely serviced on time.
- Follow campus rules for speed limits, signage, walkways, etc. to maintain a safe environment for faculty, staff, and students.
- Empty inside and outside of truck at the end of shift daily to ensure that trucks are well-maintained and clean at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS or equivalent. Experience in a commercial kitchen setting preferred.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License.
- 1 year foodservice/beverage delivery experience.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and lift an average of 35 pounds repeatedly.
- Available for flexible hours which may include weekends, holiday and evenings.
- Ability to perform basic math skills.
- New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity