Our Mission is to provide compassionate care and services to empower individuals experiencing substance use disorders, mental illnesses, and homelessness to attain an enhanced quality of life regardless of ability to pay.
Milestone Recovery is a behavioral health facility and is here to provide the best quality of services to empower individuals with substance use and behavioral health disorders to attain stability, dignity, recovery, and an enhanced quality of life. We have openings in our team that works with our long-term residential program for Counselors – Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselors (CADC) or Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselors (LADC).
Schedule: Full time, Tuesday - Saturday 8:00am - 4:00pm or Sunday - Thursday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Position Profile: A position in which the individual provides the full range of direct treatment services consistent with the 12-Core Functions of addiction treatment as well as the belief in harm reduction all within a licensed addiction treatment agency under the supervision of the Clinical Team Lead. Other duties include screening and intake, psychosocial assessment and disposition, treatment planning, referrals, as well as development and implementation of direct care services provided by the counseling department. Counselors may be tasked with certain training activities for entry level and new staff members for which he or she is qualified.
Qualifications Required: Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Have an active Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC) State license or a Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC). Has a valid Driver’s License. Experience within the field of chronic substance use is a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Make appropriate referrals for clients to other agencies and resources, including vocational, educational, social, occupational and recreational needs
- Assess, develop, and implement all aspects of client care provided by the counseling department
- Complete and maintain necessary records and reports in an accurate and confidential manner
- Provide transportation and accompany patients to other community providers as applicable
- Utilize counseling skills in both individual and group settings
- Attend essential training programs and weekly staff meetings
- Be a willing and active member of an interdisciplinary treatment team
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Physical demands and work environment: Freedom of movement on a regular basis. Operating basic office equipment in a normal office environment. Ability to lift up to 50lbs. May spend extended periods operating a desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; physical activity requires walking, bending, standing and lifting.
Compensation: Compensation for this position ranges from $20.00-$23.00 per hour, based on experience.