Clinical Team Lead-Portland
Our Mission is to provide compassionate care and services to empower individuals experiencing substance use disorders, mental illnesses, and homelessness to attain an enhanced quality of life regardless of ability to pay.
Position Profile: Responsible for providing clinical and administrative oversight of the Portland counseling team.
Qualifications Required: Our Clinical Team Leader will currently hold an eligible independent practice license (e.g. LADC, LCPC, or LCSW) with strong background in substance use treatment and program management. Must have State of Maine Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS) license and a valid driver’s license. Possesses the ability to make sound clinical decisions independently, and an appreciation for when to seek supervision. Must work collaboratively with other staff, especially staff in the Detox program. Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provides clinical supervision to Portland counselors, peer navigators, interns, and trainees including orientation and training, individual and group supervision, and evaluation of performance, and documents same.
- Ensures that applicable contract/licensing requirements are met.
- Participates in the implementation and use of an electronic health record system.
- Participates in ongoing training and supervision in Motivational Interviewing modality.
- KIPU - maintaining, editing, and adding clinical templates as laid out by the Clinical Director
- Participates in program evaluation activities.
- KIPU, manage users and lockouts
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with community agencies
- Ensure the promotion of community awareness of Milestone, and represents the organization professionally.
- On call for clinical related questions as needed.
- Make the appropriate referrals to other agencies and resources for the health care of the patients
- Provide direct counseling services to clients to include screening, assessment, group and individual counseling, crisis intervention, case management, and referral to other services as appropriate.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical demands and work environment: Freedom of movement on a regular basis. Operating basic office equipment in a normal office environment. Ability to lift up to 50lbs. May spend extended periods operating a desktop computer, requiring hand-eye coordination and finger dexterity; physical activity requires walking, bending, standing and lifting.