Are you an iOS developer who loves to create modular components that solve complex problems in a re-usable way? Do you like working on middle or low-level software that interacts with web services, Bluetooth devices, or performs other behind the scenes processing? Have experience creating and delivering apps or SDKs from start to finish? If you said yes to any of these, the Mobile Core team would love the opportunity to talk with you!
We are looking for a full time iOS Software Engineer to join our team in Olathe, KS. In this role, youll be responsible for architecting and developing complex software utilized by the suite of Garmin mobile applications. Responsibilities include:
- Develop software using Swift and Objective-C
- Utilize tools in the software development process such as Git, Gerrit, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Xcode, and Jenkins
- Create and implement designs for software components within a larger project
- Provide technical leadership on software projects
- Collaborate across teams and Garmin locations throughout the software development process, and add value through participation in peer code reviews
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Mentor to less experienced software engineers
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes
Qualified candidates for this role will possess a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Math, or Physics from a four-year college or university and a cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA and a minimum of 1 year of software development experience.
- Work effectively and efficiently both on your own and in collaboration with teammates and other teams
- Understand the full software development lifecycle and capability to contribute to all stages
- Strong design and development skills, knowledge of common and modern architectural patterns and paradigms
- Ability to keep up with latest mobile app development trends and tools, provide technical advice and training on best practices to teammates and other teams
- Desire to create and maintain clean code, documentation, and test cases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience creating native and responsive mobile apps and/or SDKs for either Android or iOS
- Proficient with some of the following: Swift, Objective-C, Xcode, XCTest, Git, Bitbucket, GitHub, Jenkins, CocoaPods, Swift Package Manager
- Experience with Bluetooth/BLE, communication protocols
- Familiarity with threading and synchronization (i.e. Dispatch Queues)
- Experience with automated testing, SDK development, CoreData/Databases, other common iOS platform and 3rd party mobile frameworks (UIKit, CoreBluetooth, CoreLocation, Network, NotificationCenter, Promises, etc)
- Experience in a wide variety of other technologies such as Python, C , networking, software security, etc.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veterans status, age or disability.