Intake Coordinator (evening shift)
KVC Kansas is looking for energetic, positive, caring professionals to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding career and a compassionate, flexible work environment – KVC is the place for you!
People matter, and that’s why we exist. By providing in-home family support, therapeutic services, foster care and adoption case management, substance abuse treatment and psychiatric care, KVC touches the lives of over 60,000 children and families each year.
The hours for this position will be Monday-Friday between 3:00 p.m.-11:00 p.m.
The Intake Coordinator will:
- assist in the continued goals of the organization to build a child welfare system that is safe, secure, and family centered. KVC relies heavily on community connections and evidence-based practice to provide outstanding care to children and families.
- communicate with case managers and foster parents about children entering foster care to locate a foster home placement for the child(ren)
- enter crucial information regarding new referrals into KVC database. Strong computer skills are necessary to maintain documentation in KVC’s proprietary software
- provide crisis intervention and coordinate assistance for families after-hours
Our Admissions team works around the clock to provide crucial on-call crisis support to children and families.
KVC provides a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans; nine paid holidays and additional paid time off; 403(b) employee contribution retirement plan and profit sharing plan.
- High school diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s degree is preferred
- At least one-year experience working or volunteering with children or families
Qualified applicants must be at least 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver's license and car insurance.