Sales Account Planner - Cox Media
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
As a Sales Account Planner, you will be responsible for partnering with our local sales team and internal departments to develop strategic cross platform media plans and presentations that optimize our product portfolio and demonstrate an understanding of our clients’ objectives. Qualified candidates for the position will be critical thinkers, possess strong qualitative and analytical skills, demonstrate the ability to utilize processes, multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment. You will be coordinating efforts ensuring that our clients’ experience with Cox Media exceeds expectations through efficient onboarding, follow through and execution on the media plans that have been sold.
- Partner with sales management and internal departments to develop effective multi-platform media plans to meet clients’ objectives
- Collaborate with internal departments to assist in proposal creation across different media platforms adhering to all rate cards, buy specs, and negotiation guardrails as needed. Includes Core spot, VOD, IP/OTT, and other Digital as needed
- Become a subject matter expert on internal systems and tools (inventory tools, rate cards, Strata, cablequal,etc.)
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Research, Sales Services, CFC, and Finance etc. to help support all business needs and provide client onboarding and support as needed
- Works with inventory, inventory tools and sales services to maximize delivery of media plan and minimize variance
- Work with Inventory and Sales Services to troubleshoot posts, maximize makegoods, and problem solve as needed
- Assist Sales Services with pre-empt notices, overall reporting, and other back-office functions as needed
- Research and report on billing discrepancies
- Work with media consultants and internal departments to provide client recaps when needed
- Assist with monitoring and/or pulling of fulfillment/post buy reports and subsequent UDW schedule fulfillment
- May assist with managing House Accounts and providing temporary account coverage as needed
- Attend client calls with sales consultants as requested
- 2+ year of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, etc.)
- Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- BS/BA in related discipline strongly preferred (i.e. Marketing, Business, etc.).
- Proficiency in marketing, media math and terminology
- CRM, Strata or media buying software experience a plus
Who We Are
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.