Production Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: Responsible for troubleshooting and repairing all production equipment. Provide support to all aspects of the manufacturing facility. Follow the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor in all tasks related to maintenance repair and other programs. Perform the following duties either personally or through the assistance of other maintenance personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshooting repairs for all CNC, mechanical production equipment to include punch, and drill press machines.
- Complete electronic maintenance records.
- Perform repairs on all production equipment.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive teams to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Possesses basic computer skills.
- Has mechanical experience and/or background.
- Has ability to read micrometers.
- Possess mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic systems.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and lubrication systems.
- Ability to read and understand mechanical blueprints.
- Maintains work and work area.
- Possesses knowledge of CNC machines and CNC control experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean MVR.
- Must pass background check and drug screen.
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; can learn new skills and knowledge; is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Learning on the Fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED desired
- Vocational or technical training preferred
- Consideration will be given to those candidates that display strong machining experience and a keen skill in mechanical and hydraulics expertise
- Manufacturing floor
- PPE required in specific areas
- Extreme Heat: Temperatures above 100? for more than an hour.
- Noise: There is sufficient noise to cause you to shout in order to be heard above the noise level.
- Vibration: Exposure to oscillating movement of extremities or whole body.
- Risks: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, high places, or exposure to chemicals.
- Oils: There is air or skin exposure to oils or other cutting fluids.
- Atmospheric Conditions: Conditions that affect the respiratory system, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases, or poor ventilation.
- Sitting, standing, walking continuously
- Talking, hearing, listening
- Use of hands to handle and feel objects
- Reaching with hands and arms
- Lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 75 lbs.
We offer competitive salaries and offer excellent benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k).
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and complete our employment application by selecting the Apply For This Job button below.