PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
In coordination with regional and area management, and under the direction of the VP of Market Development, responsible for the development of new business opportunities within the assigned territory to meet the Business Unit and Division goals for treatment growth. Focuses on same store growth, de novo projects and the development of relationships with local market nephrologists to ensure clinical experiences treatment growth at or above market standards. Provides leadership in formulating, representing, and implementing, at the territory level, the Corporations goals and objectives regarding the treatment growth initiative.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and follow up leads for potential acquisitions, development of new business opportunities through de novos, and support establishment of new modalities within existing inventory.
- Prepare feasibility reports, competitive demographic analyses, Profit & Loss forecasts, etc. and make recommendations for a business case for growth and development opportunities. Assist in the demographic analysis of growth opportunities and new projects within the Market Development territory.
- Assist Physician Strategies department in the acquisition process by acting as a resource for information regarding target identification, initiation of contacts, follow-up on leads, presentations, data collection to guide financial modeling and proposal generation, plan and implement negotiation strategies, follow through to closing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clinical affiliated and non-clinical affiliated nephrologists to recognize growth opportunities for the Business Unit.
- Participate in local and national renal meetings, (e.g. ASN, NRAA and subchapters) and nursing home association meetings as appropriate to develop new relationships and leads for possible contracts.
- Provide consultation and assistance to the Market Development VP as follows:
- Create and implement local treatment growth market plans and initiatives in collaboration with BU Operations.
- Develop sound business relationships with physician groups to facilitate treatment growth objectives.
- Represent the company in relations with nursing homes, hospitals and physician groups focusing on improved communications and addressing mutual business concerns as requested by RVPs and VP of Business Development.
- Develop close relationships and communications with Regional Vice Presidents, Area Managers, the Physician Strategies and Managed Care Departments to implement growth initiatives within the territory.
- Assist in developing new business opportunities that contribute to the overall FMCNA strategic plan.
- Identify and generate local opportunities for treatment growth.
- Establish local mission oriented, decision-making processes.
- Review and analyze financial statements when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians.
- Requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, business unit and corporate meetings may be required.
Bachelors Degree required; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- A minimum of 5 8 years experience in sales and sales management or senior management within healthcare, preferably the dialysis segment.
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals and negotiate contracts, create local marketing plans and manage geographically diverse business interests.
- Business development knowledge from evaluation through integration and implementation.
- Ability to work with and include all levels of the organization in the decision making process.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and strategically to assess market conditions.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.