Bakery clerks will be responsible for providing excellent guest service and properly handling bakery merchandise. This position is responsible for preparing, packaging, and merchandising fresh bakery product on a daily basis while maintaining all department, food safety, and sanitation standards. This position is responsible for maintaining open communication on the status of the department with the Store Directors, Clerks, and Supervisor. You will be expected to set and re-set priorities, distinguish between the urgent and the important, solve problems, hold and reconcile ideas and lead program development as well as advancement strategies from conception through cultivation to completion.
Full time/Part time, hourly position. Must be available weekdays, weekends, holidays for various shifts, evenings, and on occasion work at another store location to meet Guest demands.
Part time: Competitive pay, 401(k), family atmosphere, and career advancement opportunities
Full time: Competitive pay, 401(k), health.
Full time plus: Competitive pay, vacation, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life, LTD, and AD&D.
- Exemplify superior guest service with a friendly, helpful, and courteous attitude, using product knowledge and information to answer all questions guests may have about products
- Assist guests with any bakery products or purchases
- Fill guest orders and write special orders
- Answer questions about ingredients, price, and freshness of bakery products
- Write on cakes upon guest request
- Set up and maintain displays and sample trays
- Mark prices on merchandise and make sale signs when necessary
- Read and execute daily bakery production list
- Comply with company, food safety, and sanitation standards
- Stock shelves, bins, cases, tables, and trays with new product and rotate merchandise
- Knowledge of MSDS sheets (Material Safety Data Sheet)
- Maintain product integrity through proper storing, handling, proofing, planning, and breaking out all baked goods
- Ensure productivity standards are met without compromising product quality
- Organize back storage room, freezer, walk-in, and production area
- Assist with inventory control to include loading, unloading, moving, storing, dating, and rotating products
- Enforce Health Department regulations regarding food handling, storage, and cleanliness of work environment
- Make regular announcements to inform guests of freshly baked products and current sales
- Maximizing sales through excellent guest service and minimizing shrink through proper utilization of procedures
- Perform as a bakery team member to help ensure a clean and productive operation
- Other duties as required