EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
Splice fiber optic cables in both outdoor and indoor settings. Read, create and maintain splicing schematics and diagrams. Maintain control of activities surrounding the assigned worksite(s), take and maintain accurate splicing and field notes, support project timelines, and inspect, design and provide accurate staking sheets for projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Splice fiber optic cables including both loose tube and ribbon optic cables
- Construct a proper splice case, including but not limited to: grounding, bonding, isolation, slack storage, and sealing
- Prepare, maintain and submit splicing records, schematics, and diagrams
- Perform work in accordance with industry standards; stay familiar with RUS standards
- Read and follow design engineers instructions and specifications; maintain scope of work on the project and adhere to safety procedures
- Prepare engineering field notes
- Interpret buried underground and aerial telecom facilities in records, on maps and in the field with clarity and detail and make recommendations for changes in running line or construction methodologies
- Facilitate conversion into CAD and Visio programs
- Enter and maintain outside plant records
- Work with clients regarding engineering problems, confer with customer contacts while communicating with the Supervisor
- Participate in engineering, permit and construction processes to support project contracts
- Maintain inventories of material and equipment for regional use, and transports needed equipment to the job site
- Maintain a close interface with the team and with customers regarding schedules, quality, and standards
- Implement customers' standards of safety, installation quality, processes, and communication methods
- Enforce standards of professionalism, quality, safety, metrics, and processes
- Accurately track all time and expenses, and report back to the project management office using approved methods
- Perform routine maintenance, recognize and repair route issues including Hand Hole cleanup, sign placement, and weed control
- Travel expected (50-75%)
- High school diploma
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar field
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Ability to read staking sheets
- Know how to fusion splice both loose tube and ribbon fiber optic cables and place a mid-sheath splice
- Working knowledge and experience of current computerized operations, CAD systems, and Visio
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make good sound decisions based on the information given
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to obtain a valid Class A CDL driver's license within 6 months of hire date
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
- Excellent organizational, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Basic skills with Microsoft Office applications
General Job Requirements
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
- Risk of electrical shock.
- This position requires you to drive a company vehicle. Therefore, you must be able to pass the company's driving requirements. Certain vehicles may also require a specific drivers license and have additional driving requirements.
EnerSys is always looking to hire top talent. EEOEM/F/D/V
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque