EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
Provide technical and application support for EnerSys products and services, in the assigned area against profitable margins and in line with the business plan, in order to continue to the realization of service-related sales and service targets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel to customer sites to install, repair and perform preventative maintenance to customer's equipment to include flooded and sealed batteries, chargers, and DC power distribution equipment
- Follow all company policies and procedures as listed, but not limited to the warranty
- Safety, environmental, and DOT Hazmat
- Able to effectively present information in a one-on-one and/or small group situation to customers, clients, and equipment
- Responsible for company assets, including vehicle, parts inventory, laptop, wireless phone, and testing equipment
- Provides the highest quality of service possible in order to assure customer satisfaction
- Completes timely reporting of all activities including service reports, expense reports quality alerts and maintenance reports the company
- Generates substantial annual revenues
- Completes all job-specific training and compliance training as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2-4 years' experience
- Basic computer knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and internet
- Able to operate a cell phone
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Previous customer service experience in-field support
- Able to read, write and comprehend the English Language
- Able to perform basic math, adding, subtracting, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals
- Able to problem solve equations
- High school Diploma/GED
- Basic Electrical understanding
- The use of test equipment and reading schematics
General Job Requirements
- Must be able and willing to do overnight travel
- This position requires you to drive a company vehicle. Therefore, you must be able to pass the company's driving requirements. Certain vehicles may also require a specific drivers license and have additional driving requirements.
- Must be able and willing to operate a forklift.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another employee.
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Must be able and willing to be on-call.
- Must be able and willing to wear a respirator.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime.
- Must be able and willing to work varying schedules which may include nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- Risk of electrical shock.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
EnerSys is always looking to hire top talent. EEOEM/F/D/V
Nearest Major Market: Albuquerque