We are looking for a UX Designer to create a broad array of designs for various digital products and services offered by McGraw-Hill. The Designer should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior Visual Design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. The Designer will collaborate with various Agile teams to define innovative solutions for the product direction, all while establishing and promoting design guidelines and best practices.
As a UX Designer, you will contribute to the team by:
· Translating stakeholder requirements into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
· Design complex user interfaces rich in information and interactivity, creating visual hierarchy through aesthetic clarity
· Creating interfaces that are not only WCAG 2.1 compliant, but also intuitive and usable by users across the spectrum of disabilities
· Working quickly, efficiently and iteratively with Agile team(s) to create mockups and specs for Developers
· Collaborating with other designers within the organization for big picture awareness and ensuring consistent use of UI libraries and patterns
· Partnering with Researchers to assist with user research
· Staying abreast with competitor products and industry trends
What you’ll need to be successful:
· BA/BFA degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
· 3+ years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments
· A strong portfolio of projects demonstrating varied experience across digital applications from web to mobile. Experience within Edtech is a plus
· Knowledge of web accessibility guidelines and experience of designing accessible products is a must.
· Professional written and interpersonal skills when communicating with stakeholders and colleagues
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and milestones efficiently. Experience within an Agile environment is a plus
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw-Hill and together, we'll impact the world.