At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva is currently seeking a talented Sustaining Engineer in Columbus, Ohio, to join our Data Platform Team. As a Sustaining Engineer, you will be charged with troubleshooting and fixing critical product issues. You’ll also help build tools for supporting and monitoring our Data Platform product.
What You’ll Do
- Troubleshoot critical customer reported issues on the Veeva Data Platform product and fixing them
- Handle bug fixes on the platform
- Work through data issues
- Learn everything about the Veeva Data Platform product and use that knowledge to ensure our customers are successful
- Build tools to help with fixing and troubleshooting product issues
- Collaborate with the Development, Support, Product, and QA teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve complex Customer issues
- Identify problems that may impact multiple customers
- 3+ years experience working with Java applications interacting with large volumes of data
- A self-motivated, self-described techy/developer, eager to learn new software
- Experience developing with Java and troubleshooting Java code
- Hands on experience with SQL querying and working with data
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills to reduce customer concerns in urgent or critical situations.
Nice to Have
- BS degree in computer science / engineering
- Experience working with AWS services (Redshift)
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Allocations for gym membership
- Team events
- Game room
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.