At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
In this hands-on position, you will be part of the team building our CRM application. You will work with a smart, highly motivated team to take on technical challenges that are associated with our ever growing number of customers. The Software Engineer will contribute to the technical design and implementation of product features for various products at Veeva Systems. The applicant for this role should be a self-starter, who loves technical challenges, and has prior experience working on a variety of engineering projects in an energizing environment, with desire to see our customers succeed.
What You'll Do
- You will design, test, and develop scalable, highly-available, low-latency applications for high-demand systems
- You will participate in agile practices by contributing to stories and helping plan sprints
- You will help ensure customer success by ensuring designs are in compliance with specifications
- You will support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies, and presenting these for architectural review
- B.S. in Computer Science / Software Engineering / Management Information Systems
- 7+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years writing RESTful web services
- 3+ years working with relational databases (MySQL or similar)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience developing on the Salesforce.com (SFDC) platform
- Knowledge of SaaS applications, SaaS deployment models, and SaaS DevOps
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Prior experience developing or supporting mobile applications
- Comfortable working in an agile environment
- Experience with modern testing paradigms such as TDD (test driven development)
- Experience with Angular JS, HTML, and CSS is a plus
- Hands-on experience with current open source tools and technologies (Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Maven, JUnit, Mockito, Log4J)
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Discounted gym membership
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.