At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Responsible for utilizing a diverse set of cloud and open-source technologies to deliver a massively scalable, robust, highly available platform for Veeva’s Commercial Cloud applications, specifically built for life sciences.
The ideal candidate should have extensive experience with various AWS technologies such as EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Container Service, S3, EBS, EFS, Glacier, VPC, CloudFront, RDS, Aurora, and many others.
Experience with many other technologies is essential in building and maintaining our platform: Java, Spring, MySql, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Vagrant, and much more.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems
- Optimize and improve existing infrastructure, architecture, and process to take advantage of cloud platforms
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance
- Design and build systems that are massively scalable, highly available, and easily maintainable
- 5+ Years of commercial software development in Java
- Current hands-on development experience with open-source technologies: Java, Spring, MySQL, Maven, Git, Jenkins, JUnit, Tomcat, Linux.
- Ability to architect a highly available, distributed, and secure system on a cloud platform
- Experience with many AWS technologies: EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic Container Service, S3, EBS, EFS, Glacier, VPC, CloudFront, RDS, Aurora.
- Experience with Immutable Infrastructure and Infrastructure as Code patterns and technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Vagrant.
- Solid understanding of cloud networking and security
- Strong verbal and communication skills
Nice to Have
- Experience and passion for Cloud Security
- Experience with building Enterprise software for business
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Discounted gym membership
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.