McGraw-Hill has an opening for an experienced Sales Analyst in Columbus. Reporting to the Senior Director Sales Force Automation, the Sales Analyst will be is responsible for analyzing and maintaining sales data and intelligence to determine growth potential. They will be asked to provide in-depth analysis (e.g. market, sales trends) to support business planning and new sales strategies including forecasting, projections, historical performance and using tools like Alteryx and Tableau. This person will also be responsible to conduct research to validate and enhance sales insight messaging, as well as, develop future insights.
Your contribution to the team includes:
· Manages and responds to research requests from sales and other departments as needed
· Oversees Territory structure and maintenance.
· Support Incentive Compensation program.
· Play a pivotal role in obtaining sales objectives by providing consultative, strategic and analytic support to sales teams
· SQL tools like SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle SQL Developer, etc.
· Knowledge and experience in tools used to extract, evaluate, model, and present data into consumable information (specifically Alteryx and Tableau).
What you'll need to be successful:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred with focus on Mathematics, or Computer Science or Statistics
· Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
· Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
· Good project management and facilitation skills
· Proficient in MS-Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and database management
· Highly developed analytical skills for extracting implications out of raw data
· Natural intellectual curiosity
· Communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation (formal and informal)
· Intermediate data visualization skills and experience using of Alteryx and/or Tableau
· Previous experience using Salesforce; Business Objects
· Advanced abilities in MS Excel; SQL language
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw-Hill and together, we'll impact the world.