Our Digital Platform Group is a world-class Education Technology team utilizing state-of-the-art applications to deliver intuitive learning experiences. DPG builds data-driven digital products that enhance teaching and improve learning outcomes. The team also conducts research and development targeted at new market opportunities in the quickly evolving education technology space. Join our DPG team and you'll assist in innovating learning technology and impacting the next generation of learners!
The Program Manager (PgM) is responsible for planning, execution, and tracking of multiple related and concurrent projects with common goals in MHE's Digital Platform Group (DPG). This role will partner with technical product management, architecture, engineering, and the business to provide leadership in implementing the program strategy. This position will not only focus on the planning, communication and coordination of the individual projects but also beyond the end date of the individual projects to the transitional and operational elements. This role is accountable to sponsors for schedule, budget, and quality of all program elements and requires a strong user focus
As a Program Manager, you will contribute to the team by
· Chief promise keeper for the program keeping an end to end perspective across all teams. Ultimately responsible for delivery across the program by driving quarterly commitments to completion on time, on budget, and on quality.
· Champion agile methodologies throughout the development process and adherence to the DPG SDLC - this may include leading scrum teams and/or scrum of scrums.
· Ensures projects within the program portfolio do not start without proper initiation according to the DPG SDLC including roadmap prioritization, documented scope, and dependency identification.
· Closely partner with technical product management and engineering leadership working with DPG teams and business units to ensure dependencies between feature development and product delivery (content development, product marketing, implementation) are well understood, scheduled and on track.
· Own and manage communication plan across program. Ensure proper coordination between all teams in program. Track key decisions in decision log to ensure visibility and traceability to key decisions made. Proactively removes impediments to ensure successful delivery of team commitments. Owns and drives issue resolution and risk mitigation.
· Responsible for coordinating the successful release of projects in programs including documented release plan, detailed deployment plans inclusive of operational readiness through to production support plans.
· Will contribute to budget planning and tracking - will support Director of Program Management in managing vendor expenditures, SOWs, and will be responsible for effectively estimating team capacity
· Cross-disciplinary understanding of product management, software development, and quality assurance
· Responsible for presenting an accurate program view of projects in program (e.g. timeline, dependencies, etc.)
· Accurate reporting on project status and project updates using the DPG tools and processes. Understands tools needed for both Project and Program management and that data is properly and timely updated (e.g. decision log, issues log, risk log, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
· Ensure necessary production support artifacts are appropriately generated and handed off to production support partners
What you'll need to be successful:
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field preferred. Advanced degree is a plus.
· In depth knowledge of software development and adoption, ideally in Ed Tech
· Deep knowledge of project management demonstrated by 5-7 years as Project Manager, or Program Manager. Exposure to agile project management environment is required. Scrum master experience is required.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
· Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is a plus
· PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification is a plus
· Demonstrated skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict management, communications, organizational and critical thinking
· Experience in consulting working with business partners, external vendors utilizing both traditional and rapid/lightweight project management is desired
· Ability to travel up to 25%
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw-Hill and together, we'll impact the world.