At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva is seeking a legal specialist (non-attorney contract professional) to support our team in the USA. Experience with commercial lease agreements and/or corporate insurance is an advantage.
This position provides administrative and customer support for the Veeva Purchasing Team, reporting to the Senior Manager, Purchasing.
Please note that Veeva will only consider applications from individuals that are already eligible to work within the USA.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct reviews of vendor contracts; escalate to the Senior Manager, Purchasing for the review of complex issues
- NDA reviews
- Manage purchasing review requests – from review request through execution stage, including the maintenance of the contracts database
- Verify contractual details for accuracy
- Process standard template agreements for signature and entry into contracts database
- Work with internal clients and other stakeholders to define requirements for purchasing agreements
- Monitor Purchasing Inbox to assure all requests are resolved in a timely manner
- Provide customer service in resolving review inquiries
- Coordinate with Finance team and other stakeholders, to include routine reporting and response to requests
- Other matters as may be assigned
- Bachelors degree
- Three to five years of experience in contract review, with experience in commercial contracts
- Ability to review contracts by identifying and drafting basic terms
- Knowledge of legal terminology, concepts, and procedures, and a general understanding of purchasing processes
- Experience using a contracts database and electronic filing system
- Able to handle highly confidential internal and external documents with discretion
- Attention to detail, proactive, and communicative - knowing when to escalate
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and be willing to assist with work overflow
- Self-starter committed to producing a high-quality work product; able to work independently to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe
Nice to Have
- Experience with commercial lease agreements and/or corporate insurance
- Paralegal certificate
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health and wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.