At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
The IT Project Manager will have the opportunity to lead a wide variety of projects across Veeva’s global application landscape. With primary focus on Finance, LegalandHRsystems, this role will lead & facilitate cross-functional teams and maintain oversight across all aspects of technical project delivery. The Project Manager will consistently inspire and drive the team toward on-time achievement of project milestones and implementation of innovative software solutions having the highest quality. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator and servant leader to the team, will be able to organize project activities in a clear and effective manner, and maintain visibility of project execution and status to all stakeholders.
This role will work cross-functionally with IT, business partners, key stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to implement technologies and solutions or drive business transformations. Management of all aspects of delivery across the software development life cycle will be critical.
The IT Project Manager is a highly visible and key position within IT@Veeva, ensuring that projects are effectively executed, and that teams are kept focused, energized and on-track to meet the objectives of technology initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Assume ownership of a project throughout the entire lifecycle of the solution—from concept & discovery through implementation & support. Identify appropriate stakeholders, track milestones, proactively identify and mitigate risk, communicate project status in a clear and visible manner, define and manage project schedules, escalate internally and externally (as appropriate). Interface with subject matter experts to drive successful outcomes in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with key business partners to develop the right strategies and produce detailed plans for successful, on-time, delivery of IT projects.
- Own vendor management and governance as needed within projects. Manage the RFP process and SOW negotiations.
- Engage key resources across Veeva to ensure key requirements and business needs are met and drive appropriate changes as needed.
- Create and manage project budget and actuals.
- Establish and facilitate the right communication mechanisms and cadence with key partners, define and implement the appropriate project team structure and provide guidance to project team members on execution of the project methodology.
- Develop & ensure that appropriate project artifacts (including charter, integration plan, resource plan, contingency plan, RAID log, etc.) are proactively maintained and kept up-to-date in a clear and visible manner, while complying with applicable Veeva standards (e.g. Project Management, Risk, Audit, Compliance).
- Educate, articulate and continuously improve upon best practices of the project management methodology within IT@Veeva in order to help drive consistency, transparency and excellence in execution of IT projects.
- Coordinate & lead project Kick-Offs, planning and status meetings, daily stand-ups and other meetings as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. Extended relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Project Management experience required. PMP certification preferred.
- Proficient in understanding of various project management methodologies (Waterfall, Iterative, Agile) with demonstrated ability to deliver successful project outcomes regardless of approach.
- Prior experience serving as an Agile team lead and/or Scrum Master is desired. CSM/CSP certifications are a plus.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced environment and effectively liaise with personnel at all levels of the organization. Adaptability, flexibility, and a readiness to work within a dynamic & evolving technology landscape are essential.
- Must have the ability to effectively manage changing priorities, and in doing so, clearly assess and communicate impacts to other team projects & commitments.
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects of varying scale & complexity. Proven track record of delivering technical & transformational projects of global scale is desired.
- Excellent planning, organizational and collaboration skills are essential for success in this role.
- Must have high proficiency in oral & written communication with the ability to influence others and drive issues & decisions to resolution.
- Driven commitment to team and Customer Success
Note: No Immigration Sponsorship or relocation grant is available for this role
Nice to Have
- Understanding of common business practices related to application implementation
- Project Management/Implementation experience in SaaS environment with third party vendors
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy, free, provided lunches and snacks every day
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Discounted gym membership
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.