At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Associate Release Engineer to be a part of our CRM Release Management team. This person will help deliver software releases, maintain SaaS environments, and support our product and technology teams at Veeva. The Veeva CRM department is team-oriented and works collaboratively to deliver a high quality SaaS CRM product across multiple platforms (Unix/Linux, iOS and Windows). If you are highly motivated, a quick learner and desire to work with industry leading technologies, then look no further.
What You'll Do
- Work cross-functionally with teams including QA, Engineering, PM, Customer Support and Operations
- Run automated regression suites and verify outcomes
- Deliver releases/upgrades to SaaS instances with focus and precision
- Add to online documentation of release process and knowledge base
- Administration of Veeva CRM environments in Salesforce
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to code releases on customer, partner, QA and demo orgs on the Salesforce platform
- Provide timely support and expertise to internal Veeva teams
- Provision, build out and maintain new instances/orgs of Veeva CRM environments
- Knowledge of the Salesforce platform and Lightning Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Self-starter with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, distributed computing environments
- Skill with one or more scripting languages, Shell and Python experience highly desired
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Solid understanding of SQA processes
- Must be able to work in a team setting and collaborate well with others
Nice to Have
- Exposure with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and EC2
- Test automation experience
- Experience automating release and build processes
- Knowledge of Java programming
- SaaS product delivery a plus
- Knowledge of SQL programming
- Pharma life sciences industry experience
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.