Amazon Store Manager - Greater Cincinnati Area
We are looking for a Store Manager who can bring Amazon’s customer obsession to life in a retail environment and make Amazon stores a destination for discovering the best that Amazon.com has to offer, whether that be books, devices, services, or other highly rated products from Amazon.com.
A day in the life
You will manage the end-to-end operations for your store and lead a team of retail associates to delight customers. You will play a vital role in maintaining a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, continuous learning, and fun.
About the hiring group
Join the Amazon Stores team that launched Amazon Books and Amazon 4-star. Our stores provide a unique, physical extension of Amazon.com through a highly curated assortment of unique in-store shopping experience where customers can discover the next product they’ll love and interact with our knowledgeable and engaging associates. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history and breaking new ground for Amazon, this is the place for you.
- Manage a team of retail associates, including hiring and onboarding new associates, directing work, managing performance, providing regular feedback, and supporting career development and employee growth.
- Manage and delegate daily operations to drive exceptional results, including executing standard operating procedures, managing inventory control and merchandising, identifying areas of improvement, implementing solutions, and providing ongoing training where needed.
- Own the customer experience for your location, maintaining a strong store culture built on Customer Obsession and Amazon’s Leadership Principles.
- Measure key performance indicators to drive performance metrics, manage inputs that deliver results, and convey performance results for regular business reviews.
- Create and communicate an effective weekly labor schedule to ensure the right amount of labor in the right place at the right time, considering allocated labor hours, Amazon labor guidelines, and applicable labor laws.
- Strike a balance between delegating to your team and executing tasks yourself, serving as a role model for the customer experience and stepping into the shoes of associates to provide a smooth experience for the customer or to teach/coach/develop associates. Follow up on delegated tasks to ensure successful completion.
- Create and maintain a culture of engagement by routinely listening and responding to feedback from associates and customers.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean, and secure environment to ensure the security of all employees, customers, and products.
- Respond to escalations and provide guidance to associates on what issues should be escalated or resolved on their own.
- Understand customer traffic patterns to create attention grabbing product displays, locating prices or product information on backdrops, fixtures, etc., set up merchandise with proximity to complimentary products, follow standard display plans and guides as appropriate and report feedback on effectiveness.
- Work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for a shift, up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- High school diploma or equivalent diploma
- 5+ years of retail or customer-facing experience, or 2+ years of Amazon experience
- 2+ years of management experience in building and leading retail teams, or 2+ years of Amazon experience
- Experience in operating a store or business unit, or 2+ years of Amazon experience
- 1+ years of relevant merchandising experience, including executing all procedures related to the in-store display of products and services to drive the customer experience, generate product interest, and maximize sales
- Bachelor's degree in related area
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Experience working independently in an ambiguous environment with minimal supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results
- Passion for Amazon and commitment to delighting customers