Requisition Number: SAFET01947
Under limited supervision, performs duties following established procedures in the following areas:
- Inspects current and proposed facilities, machinery, equipment, tools, and personnel practices.
- Identifies unsafe practices by investigating accidents and near misses.
- Assists in building and promoting a safe work performance by facilitating the enforcement of safety policies; implementing safety campaigns; training managers and employees in safe practices and first aid.
- Eliminates or minimizes hazardous situations by developing and recommending safety policies and procedures; designing, building and installing safety devices on machinery; design personal safety clothing and equipment.
- Complies with federal, state, and local safety regulations by interpreting standards; enforcing adherence to regulations; advising management on needed actions.
- Promotes a safe work environment by coordinating and cooperating with local, state, and regional safety groups and agencies.
- Develops safety and environmental processes and procedures
- Prepares safety reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Represents the organization by coordinating investigations with claims adjusters.
- Maintains safety information database by entering and backing up data.
- Support of and involvement in company, department, and/or safety policies, procedures, programs and activities.
- Must contribute to department team incentive goals.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to motivate, coach/teach and facilitate others (individuals and teams)
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years related experience in safety preferred.
- Understanding of OSHA safety requirements and project management.
- Knowledge of HAZMAT, Lockout Tagout, HAZCOM, SDS Development safety training and other safety processes required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Good verbal, written and organizational skills are necessary.
- Ability to handle basic mathematics such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume etc.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and determination of root cause and corrective action for safety issues
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, manipulate, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and smell.
- The employee must exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near acuity, far acuity, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
- May be exposed to considerable noise from machinery.
- Must be able to wear hearing & respiratory protective equipment.
Wondering what it’s like to work for Nutraceutical? You’ll enjoy coming to work AND receive these benefits:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision starting within the first 60 days of employment
- Education Assistance of up to $5,000 per year
- Paid Time Off accrual starting day 1 + 10 paid holidays
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 401 (k) with company match
- Product discounts
- And more!
Notice to Recruiters
We prefer that candidates apply directly rather than through recruiters. Recruiters must contact the Human Resource Department prior to submitting a resume, may only submit resumes to the Human Resource Department and may not contact hiring managers without Human Resource permission.
This description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications.
The position, duties, and qualifications are subject to change at any time.