Who We Are
Williams International is a privately-owned company that develops and manufactures jet engines for both military and commercial aircraft applications. We are a company of creators who deliver pioneering ideas and technologies that lead the aerospace industry. Our culture fosters creativity, collaboration, and continuous learning to position our team members to inspire each other and provide quality products and supporting services that exceed the expectations of our customers.
Williams International has an exciting opportunity for a CNC Machinist to join our team.
The CNC Machinist will have responsibility for the setup and operation of miscellaneous computerized numerical control (CNC) and/or manual machines. This includes primarily lathe experience. The Machinist will also ensure that machines are properly tooled and may be required to make recommendations to modify programs as appropriate.
Additionally, the CNC Machinist will:
- Set-up and operation of CNC Lathes. Other machining experience beneficial to include such things as drills, grinders, hone, lap, deburr, etc.
- Machine and/or tests parts according to engineering and customer standards and specifications.
- Maintain accurate and reliable documentation.
- Participate in establishing manufacturing methods, including machine, test, material and tooling requirements, to ensure parts are machined according to engineering tolerances/specifications.
- Perform inspection and/or testing related activities to ensure that parts are machined in accordance with manufacturing standards and blueprint specifications. Visually inspects parts to ensure they are free of burrs or damaged surfaces.
- Provide input and recommendations for selecting, installing, and adjusting CNC and manual machine cutting tools to ensure they are consistent with type and size of material being machined.
- Remove burrs, sharp edges, tool marks and other irregularities from machined parts to ensure they are in accordance with engineering blueprints, and tolerance requirements.
- Maintain proper identification of parts per planning specifications and ensure that accurate and reliable records and documentation are maintained.
- Communicate change of shift requirements to ensure team members receive accurate and reliable information and documentation.
- Perform routine maintenance of machines and equipment operated.
- Clean, organize and maintain cellular manufacturing work area in accordance with established standards.
- Ensure the continuous flow of materials and parts through the Cell.
- Adhere to all safety standards and regulations.
High School or GED and a minimum of 2 years of machining experience. Reads, understands and correctly interprets blueprints, planning and manufacturing specifications. Demonstrated working knowledge of machining and/or testing related mathematical concepts. Has basic knowledge of inspection requirements and techniques. Rough burrs machined parts. May train, provide guidance and assist in developing lower skill level team members.
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. from floor to waist.
(Note - must use a lift assist or assistance from other individual(s) when lifting in excess of 50 lbs.)
- Must be capable of pushing or pulling a weight of 60 lbs.
- Must have grip strength of at least 50 lbs.
- U.S. citizenship is required
- Position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance, if needed. Candidates selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For more information on Security Clearances, please visit: U. S. Department of State
Responsible for and accountable for product safety and the quality of work, including, as a minimum, all elements defined in the Company`s Quality Policy.
Williams International is a Drug Free Workplace where all new team members and contractors are subject to pre-employment drug testing for the following controlled substances: marijuana, cocaine, PCP, amphetamines, opioids and alcohol as policy dictates.
Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Williams International and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position due to a physical and/or mental disability, please send an e-mail with your request to HR@Williams-int.com. Or, please call 248-624-5200. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation is made on a case-by-case basis.