Requisition Number: ASSET02006
Apogee is seeking a Program/Acquisition Manager, Senior located at Offutt AFB, NE, in support of the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC) Combatant Command, Command and Control (C2) Division (HBC).
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a growing provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber and intel expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled Apogee into the ranks of an elite small business company, known for unwavering dedication to their client's success, a warm and family-like work environment, and an enthusiasm to providing the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Provide general PM support for current and future infrastructure program applications with respect to development, deployment, operations and sustainment based on current DoD Directives (5000 and 8000 series), NDAA Section 804, and Milestone Decision Authority approved baseline
- Provide PM assistance in managing hardware/software resources that support operations and maintenance programs.
- Assist the PM/FM in providing independent analysis to support life-cycle planning and execution.
- Monitor the software and hardware architectures developed by other DoD related contractors and advise the program manager if they meet the specifications of Network Centricity
- Support all program IPT efforts in tracking progress for the modernization and maintenance programs, identifying requirements, developing management approaches for accomplishing each requirement, supporting special studies concerning those programs, and tracking compliance with
- Analyze policy issues/guidance from the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics (USD AT&L), SAF/AQ and PEO impacting programs schedules
- Support coordination and integration of the IPTs, Long Range Plan, and related Vision processes
- Prepare reports and/or briefings on research, findings, and recommendations to the IPTs, Functional Managers (FM), and senior decision-makers
- Support and facilitate the delivery of Government Furnished Information (GFI) to Vendors, Government receipt of vendor deliverables, to include software and documentation, and control and accountability for classified material
- Perform/facilitate risk analysis, Risk tracking and documentation in the enterprise risk management tool
- Provide inputs for management processes and metrics, manage and process requirements, validate and verify technical proposals and recommended actions, develop and maintain monthly metrics to show the cost, schedule, and performance of high-risk projects
- Participate in acquisition strategy analysis and planning and review/propose inputs for Request for Proposal (RFP) packages, milestone documentation, and other acquisition program documentation
- Support independent validation and verification analysis of new proposals supporting Software Change Requests (SCRs) for compliance with requirements, adequacy, supportability, and architectural compatibility
- Provide inputs for management processes and metrics, and track cost, schedule, and performance of high-risk projects
- Support multiple seminars per year to facilitate discussion and evaluate emerging technologies
What you will need to have:
- One of the following education/experience combinations:
- Master’s degree and at least 12 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years supporting the DoD
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 15 years of relevant experience, including at least 5 years supporting the DoD
- 20 years of relevant experience, including at least 8 years supporting the DoD
- Strong knowledge and experience applying DoD and AF acquisition processes, policies, procedures, and statutory/regulatory requirements
- Experience directly supporting a Program Executive Officer or similar acquisition authority (highly desired)
- Experience with multiple USSTRATCOM capabilities to include nuclear, cyber, global strike, joint electronic warfare, missile defense, and/or intelligence systems
- Strong understanding of USSTRATCOM organizational hierarchies, working groups, boards, councils, and relationships
- Top Secret (TS) security clearance and eligibility to obtain access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)