Requisition Number: SHIPP01074
Job Summary: Responsible for leading and training shipping & receiving employees to ensure conformance to Company standards and meet production specifications and requirements.
Essential Functions, Roles and Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Practices safe work habits and complies with all quality, safety, health and environmental policies, procedures, programs and regulations.
- Creates and documents shipments and transfers providing tracking information and Bill of Ladings between warehouse and other Branches ensuring all orders are shipped in Syteline.
- Secures transportation and third party logistics for the distribution of materials to other facilities.
- Ensures all inbound and out bound ship documentation including shipping order, purchase orders, transfer orders, and Bills of Ladings match the equipment.
- Maintains records and documents, both in paper and electronic form.
- Ensures in-bound equipment is forwarded to Quality Control as required.
- Creates schedules and on-call duties for the department and participates on on-call duties every other week and after-hours duties.
- Makes sure that all out bound equipment is loaded in a safe, secure and in a timely manner for delivery to end user while meeting/exceeding customer specific requirements.
- Monitors Hot Shot drivers to ensure adherence to CACTUS safety standards/maintaining driver logs.
- NORMs all in-bound Rental and Customer property valves.
- Monitors various reports pertaining to shipping and receiving including Open Purchase Order Reports.
- Assigns locations for inventory and preforms quantity moves when necessary.
- Monitors inventory levels and communicates with Materials Manager. Assists with cycle counts as needed.
- Assures that the Shipping and Receiving department follows the Cactus Wellhead Receiving Process i.e. check product against transfer order, part number/review description, and quantity, serial number and heat number. Verifies weight, thread type, grade size on casing/pup joints. Provides traceability engineering reports for elastomers while adhering to proper storage procedures.
- Identify and label inventory with the correct part numbers.
- Complete an equipment evaluation receiving report after equipment is returned to the branch.
- Stencil and yellow-dot most of the equipment that leaves the facility.
- Special projects or assignments as directed by management.
Education, Training, Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: None required
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Working knowledge of API Standards and shipping & receiving procedures. Basic Computer, Language, and Mathematical Skills. Basic Reasoning Ability.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; stand, walk and sit; talk and hear.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to clearly hear voices or alarms, bells, and other noise.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
- Regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (outside weather conditions); high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat and vibration.
- Occasionally exposed to risk of radiation or electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may, and probably will be asked to perform other duties as required. Each employee, regardless of classification, is required to maintain a safe, orderly and clean workplace, using safety precautions and observing safety rules at all times.