Lincoln Military Housing – A company for Growth and Opportunity!
Lincoln Military Housing was formed in 2001 through a Department of Defense (DoD) contract with parent company Lincoln Property Company. Our mission has always been to increase the quality of military housing for our nation's service men and women. Lincoln Military Housing now provides more than 36,000 family homes for military members across the US. Our Team Members are passionate about the work they do and take pride in our mission of providing our military families with exemplary service in a quality home environment.
When you join the LMH team, you will be working amongst a team of talented and passionate individuals while being provided with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional development and career growth. Every day with LMH, you have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our service members and their families by demonstrating our core values of INTEGRITY, COMMUNICATION, EMPOWERMENT, RESPECT, BALANCE, and COMMITMENT.
A Day in the Life of a Painter:
As a Lincoln Military Housing Painter, you will be performing routine Painting Duties in a multifamily residential community. These duties are primarily interiors operations but may include exterior painting and maintenance work. You will operate building systems and related equipment and tools to complete tasks to Lincoln Military Housing's quality standards and resident's satisfaction. Your role requires the ability to effectively communicate, perform quality work in a safe manner and deliver on our mission of providing exemplary service in accordance with Lincoln Military Housing's quality customer satisfaction standards.
Your Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Performs routine Painting of the interior of a variety of building layouts. Must possess general knowledge of paint types, conditions for effective painting and equipment used in the painting process.
- Completes resident-requested repairs that include drywall repair and touch ups- within the required time-frame (24 hours).
- Completes all assigned maintenance work on vacant homes within LMH standards.
- Performs On-call service requests and emergency calls if required and understands that cross training into other maintenance tasks may be required as directed by the maintenance supervisor.
- May participate in routine inspections (including QC, move in, etc.).
- Performs general painting of common areas, maintenance shop, community centers, District offices etc...
- Reports any maintenance concerns for repairs on homes, community and/or common areas to supervisor.
- Maintains and updates all assigned service requests using Yardi Mobile (if applicable).
- Demonstrates the appropriate and safe use of standard hand and power tools, equipment and machinery.
- Complies with all OSHA safety regulations, local applicable laws regarding health, safety or environment and LMH Standard Operating Procedures and Policies.
- Understands and follows safe work practices for all painting projects including but not limited to: Confined Space Entry, use of hazardous chemicals, use of Personal Protective Equipment, Ladder Safety, and working from Elevated Surfaces.
What You Need for Success:
- One or more years' related painting experience preferred.
- Beginning level understanding or experience in interior painting and use of paint related tools such as paint sprayer and various hand tools.
- Effectively communicate and interact with co-workers, managers, vendors or residents sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give or receive work direction.
- Basic computer skills (able to operate mobile device, PC).
- Must be available regular on-call work assignments/ emergency calls and work scheduled off-hours and emergency overtime as required. (if applicable per district)
- Ability to operate motor vehicle (valid license required).
- Ability to independently lift / carry supplies or equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel to other regional locations for work, training, meetings and other work-related activities.
What We Provide You:
Lincoln offers a wide range of insurance options and benefit programs. Our benefits take into consideration everything from career development to family matters, health and wellness, and we are committed to doing everything we can to offer you quality benefits and health-care coverage. In addition, we offer competitive compensation and generous paid time off.