Maintenance Technician II/Custodial Worker
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
This position is responsible for performing various skilled and semi-skilled duties in the repair and maintenance of buildings, equipment, machinery, and grounds.
- Maintain and repair buildings’ plumbing and electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts, such as switches and fuses. Assemble, install and repair pipes, fittings, fixtures, etc.
- Perform minor repairs and general maintenance on heating and air conditioning system.
- Perform routine carpentry work in the repair and maintenance of buildings, offices, etc.
- Replace worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts, in machines and equipment, such as truck, street sweeper, and riding mower.
- Cut grass, trim weeds, and maintain flowerbeds and plant flowers on Auction property.
- Paint interior and exterior walls and trim, as well as repair or replace building brick, stone or concrete.
- Repair parking lot and sidewalks with asphalt, cold patching materials, and concrete.
- Operate snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and sidewalks.
- Maintain tools and equipment in good working condition and comply with applicable safety rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager or supervisor, i.e., moving furniture, unloading and storing supplies, etc.
- May be required to work overtime (more than 40 hours per week) as business needs dictate
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
1 to 3 years maintenance experience required.
Skill and knowledge to perform light electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC repairs required.
Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear. Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb. Medium strength. Ability to lift 1-50 pounds. Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions, moving mechanical parts hazard, electrical shock hazard, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Moderate noise level.
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.