Equipment Repair Technician - Janitorial/Maintenance
About Us - Our Organization
- At Nichols, we believe in living the four squares that are represented in our logo - family, career, health, and community involvement.
- We are the leading provider of solutions for clean and healthy facilities and the safe shipment of products in the Great Lakes region - as a distributor of Janitorial, Packaging, Safety, and Equipment.
- Our customer relationships are valued above all else, and we strive to always put them first by providing (IKE) Innovation, Knowledge, and service Excellence.
About the Position
- Provide service, repair, and preventative maintenance of commercial cleaning equipment.
- Interact with customers in a professional and friendly manner
- Prioritize service calls to ensure maximum use of time and resources
- Ensures all safety and protective functions of all serviced equipment is operational
- Makes certain that company property and inventory are maintained in good usable condition
- Prepares all service documents, Services Repair Orders/Warranty and Sales Orders
- Able to provide service on various types of equipment
- We will train!
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have a drivers license and a good Motor Vehicle Record
- Ability to multi task in order to keep on schedule
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Flexible and willing to work on different equipment or off site from day to day.
- Physically demanding requiring bending, kneeling, sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 401k (with 50% company match up to 3% of contribution)
- 8 paid Holidays
- 40 hours of sick pay annually
- 32 hours of personal leave annually
- 80 hours of vacation after 1 year
- Quarterly and Annual Performance Bonuses
Nichols is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Proudly hiring veterans of our Armed Forces
Nichols will provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin, height, weight, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe strongly in the benefits of diversity and strive to be an inclusive organization in everything we do.
What if you don’t see a posting that calls to you and you really want to become part of our Nichols family?
Email us at email@example.com – don’t forget to share some highlights about your work history, what you are looking for and attach your resume.
In a nutshell? Join us. You won’t regret it.
If you have made it this far, and feel that we are not a good fit for you? We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and as you search to find your perfect match!