Sr. Project Manager
At Presidio, we think, architect, implement and support the practical reality of IT every day. We bring together the best minds in the industry to deliver IT excellence and support the answers to our clients’ IT challenges. As one of the largest IT-as-a-Service solution providers in the U.S., we combine experience and stability with regional expertise and the unique ability to cover local and global business needs. For more information about Presidio visit our website at www.presidio.com or follow us on Twitter @Presidio.
The Senior Project Manager facilitates and coordinate the implementation of large scale IT related projects that may have extended timelines. The Senior Project Manager is involved in all phases of the project from obtaining requirements to roll out, while maintaining budget, communications, and objective of the overall project.
- Develops and/or reviews estimates from the project’s schedule, effort, and budget using best practices and past experiences.
- Performs day-to-day management of all phases of the project including, obtaining project requirements, design, development, test and deployment of each project.
- Completes critical path analyses and tracking to maintain an accurate and updated view of the activities and deliverables to ensure the project is delivered on time, within budget and meets or exceeds customer satisfaction goals.
- Managed resource planning and assignments by partnering with internal staff to determine the project approach, staffing, responsibilities, and schedules according to the project timeline.
- Ensures that all project resources are all used effectively.
- Defines team member roles and expectations and ensure effective communication between all parties involves in the project.
- Manages project while balancing appropriate gross margin and billable utilization targets as defined by annual goals. This includes reviewing and completing weekly timesheet and expense approvals for project teams.
- Monitors cost to provide accounting support for project time, materials, and services. This may include monitoring carriers and equipment suppliers to ensure that hardware and circuits are tracked and billed correctly.
- Coordinates all project activities with business owners/stakeholders, other support, technical infrastructure, and application teams.
- Manages relationships and coordinates work between vendors, customers, subcontractors, and engeineering teams throughout various locations.
- Managed the completion and distribution of all deliverables to customers, by tracking the delivery status and installation schedules, in accordance with required timeframes.
- Assures that the expected service levels are met and that all Statement of Work deliverables meet quality standards.
- Oversees change management on the overall project scope, according to predefined change process, to meet project goals.
- Creates and maintains project implementation plans, risk mitigation plans, design documents, project budget, status report, and all other project management-related documentation. This includes updating all internal systems to ensure all documented information aligns with the current project status.
Business Relationship Support:
- Resolves all client satisfaction issues and develops a partner relationship for the long term benefit of the client and the vendor.
- Assists in the development of formal sales proposals, as well as Request for X (RFX) proposals.
Leadership and Development:
- Mentors and provides expertise to Junior-level Project Managers to add value to their growth in the company.
- Educates internal resources on the value of project management and its contribution to the growth of the company.
- Actively participates in the development of leading practices.
- Participates in technical presentation for customers, partners, and prospects.
- Remains up-to-date on relevant solutions, products, and services by attending internal PM training/meetings, achieving Development Plan goals, and obtaining PM certifications.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience and/or military experience
- 10+ years of direct Project Management experience
- Experience with:
- Unified Collaboration, Secure Networks, and Data Center
- PMP Certification- highly preferred
- Cisco technology experience
- Knowledge of administration and management principles, specificall in; strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and active listening skills.
- Superior project management, time management, and coordination skills to plan, organize, staff, and direct the overall production of a project.
- Strong critical thinking, appropriate judgment, and logical decision-making skills.
- Effective monitoring, instructing, and quality control analysis skills, to evaluate the quality of performance and take corrective action when necessary.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills with the ability to manage relationships by persuading and negotiating with orders.
- Ability to utilize information ordering skills to create defined patterns according to specific rules and procedures.
- Ability to apply solutions, technology and products to business opportunity.
- Ability to sense and forecast problems
- Ability to see details at close range
- Ability to coordinate across various groups and functional teams
Presidio, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/ VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, please visit: https://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Presidio, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services; please provide priority referrals to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Presidio has a strict PSL in place and will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through the Presidio portal. Candidate Resumes/CV\u0027s not submitted through the Presidio portal or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and will be treated as gifts and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation