Class B CDL Driver - Mobile Health Center (MHC )
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is seeking a Driver to drive our Mobile Health Center. The Driver will be based within Region 1 - NYC & Nassau County- and requires travel within the region 100% of the time. The Driver is responsible for driving the Mobile Health Center (MHC) a 35 foot, 26,500 lb. bus-style vehicle ,to pre-arranged sites where staff can provide services. This driver must have a valid Class B CDL license.
This position is scheduled Monday - Friday 8 AM -6 PM with occasional Saturdays and evenings.
What the Driver does:
- Drive outreach and medical staff throughout neighborhoods, primarily in Northern Manhattan (i.e. East Harlem and Washington Heights) the Bronx and Queens, and occasionally in Brooklyn and Staten Island, during day and evening shifts
- Clean and sanitize MHC after each tour in the field, including disposal of toilet, shower and sink waste daily in compliance with infectious disease precautions. Deliver infectious disease waste to the designated Health Center for disposal.
- Maintain a log of Mobile Health Center’s mechanical operation. Communicate any maintenance needs to the Mobile Health Center Coordinator and the Manager of Facilities & Security.
- Oversee the safety and security of the MHC and report any suspicious activity or issues to the appropriate authorities. Assist program staff with any security issues or disorderly conduct on the vehicle.
- Complete all responsibilities according to established protocols, policies and standard practices in the areas of customer service, ADA and regulatory compliance programs such as HIPAA.
- When the mobile medical unit is not in use, carries out assigned tasks in health center, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required
We’re seeking candidates who have:
- HS Diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid NYS Class B CDL driver’s license with no more than one moving violation in the last 24 months
- Must have 2+ years of experience driving a same or similar sized vehicle in NYC area.
- A demonstrated commitment to PPGNY’s mission related to bodily autonomy, health equity, and gender and racial justice
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, including an ability to work and build trust across cultural differences related to related to race, class, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or ability; and to reflect on one’s personal identity with humility
- Ability to provide compassionate, non-judgmental and culturally responsive care across race, class, age, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin or ability; and demonstrates deep sense of accountability to patient experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
PPGNY's benefits package includes:
Generous PTO and holiday schedule
Medical, dental and vision coverage options for you and eligible dependents
FSA, HSA, Commuter pre-tax reimbursement funds
Short and Long Term Disability, Free Basic Life and AD&D
401(k) Retirement Plan with Safe Harbor contributions after 1 year of employment
All positions at PPGNY require:
Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
Planned Parenthood of Greater New York (PPGNY) is a leading provider, educator, and advocate of sexual and reproductive health care in New York State. PPGNY is proud to provide a wide-range of family planning services at our 28 health centers and mobile care units. We care for everyone regardless of their immigration status, zip code or ability to pay. PPGNY’s education and outreach programs are backed by medically-accurate, evidence-based information that allows people to make informed decisions about their health and future. As a voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY supports legislation and policies that ensure all New Yorkers have access to the full range of reproductive health care and education.
At PPGNY, we provide the absolute best care to our patients and our communities through innovative health care delivery and education programming. We care for everyone who walks through our doors regardless of insurance, ability to pay or immigration status. As a leading voice for reproductive freedom, PPGNY fiercely advocates for policies to ensure that all New Yorkers will have access to the full range of reproductive health care services and information.
PPGNY is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe we are most impactful when people with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and identities come together with common purpose. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.