Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $1B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised $83M to date, is based in Oakland with approximately 180 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. In this role, you will be an integral part of developing new customer facing interfaces, that will continue our mission to creating a friction free way of transacting real estate. You will work closely with different stakeholders to develop solutions to complex problems, and will participate in brainstorming sessions to give feedback on our technologies, algorithms and products.
As our ideal candidate, you like solving problems and working as part of a small but mighty team to produce user facing solutions. You are energized by being able to see clearly how what you do impacts the business every day. While you are comfortable working by yourself, you love working as part of a team, and have strong collaboration skills. You are looking to make your mark, and want to be part of an organization that is changing the way real estate is transacted.
What You Will Do:
- As a part of the front-end team, you will be working on migrating the existing Ember.js application (roofstock.com website) to React.js and will be developing new features in React.js
- Design and create scalable, accessible, and cross-browser compatible experiences leveraging React.js
- Test your code to identify performance issues
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Build high-performance, scalable systems – end to end
- Bring to the leadership team technical solutions, feedback on each solution recommended and product ideas with the team through design review, code review and discussions
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
What You Bring With You
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of experience building single page web applications, responsive websites using React, Redux, GraphQL, Apollo/Relay, Typescript/Flow
- Experience with universal/isomorphic React is a plus
- Experience and thorough understanding of Agile Software Development
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible Time Off and sick days
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals
- Company-sponsored outings
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.