Named as a Forbes Fintech 50 the last two years in a row, Marqeta powers modern payment solutions for companies innovating new services and process flows in a digital world. Our modern card issuing platform, open API, and advanced analytics provide unprecedented control for companies to issue cards, authorize transactions and manage payment operations in real-time.
We are a team of industry experts and technology innovators who take a dynamic approach to solving challenging problems. We power possibilities for our customers by bringing the best talent together in an open and collaborative work environment that rewards creativity and perseverance.
Marqeta is proud of its Oakland roots and strives to build a global team as diverse as the markets we serve, staying true to our values to Connect the Customer, Find a Way, Make Simple, Take Risk and Build One Marqeta. We are not expecting any single candidate to meet all job requirements listed below, so please apply. It's an exciting time to join Marqeta. As we grow, your career and opportunities will grow as well.
The Senior Project Manager, Process Engineering is responsible for evaluation of existing business processes for the purpose of identifying and executing on improvement initiatives. This individual will be developing key projects to improve quality, reduce cost, increase productivity and improve cycle time, resulting in significant business improvement and customer satisfaction. The Senior Project Manager will be a subject matter expert on the end-to-end customer journey and work closely with Sales, Partner Operations, Customer Onboarding, Customer Support and Product teams.
- Support teams in identifying, verifying, analyzing, and implementing process improvement and process re-engineering opportunities
- Create end user documentation as well as provide training related to business process or system changes
- Develop process analysis and re-engineering in support of the company strategy and critical business objectives
- Lead operational process development for new products & services
- Foster relationships with key cross-functional partners and internal stakeholders
- Serve as a change agent when rolling out new processes or improvement initiatives
- Present process improvement analysis and recommendations to senior leadership; influence decision making process
- Review information and trends to ensure that the output of processes are achieving the desired results and that services are meeting agreed upon service levels
- 5+ years proven process improvement analytical experience from a similar role, including project management and business analysis
- Strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into operational requirements
- Proven experience with implementing large scale business process improvements resulting in significant improvements in customer satisfaction, increased revenue and decreased operations costs.
- Experience developing & implementing cross-functional processes for new products & services
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working in a fast paced start-up environment a plus
- Six Sigma/Lean Certification a plus
- Able to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with senior leadership
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Experience in Financial Services/Fintech a plus
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel skills a plus
- Creative problem solver
- Contribute to an inclusive and collaborative culture
- Strong analytical skills; data-driven approach
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Rich suite of benefit plans; employee premiums paid 100%
- Flexible Time Off
- Full paid Parental Leave
- Pet insurance
- 401k plan with a Company match
- Competitive pay
- Meaningful equity
- $250 Monthly Stipend to cover: Cell phone, internet Connectivity & Commuting (3C)
- Bi-annual “Hack Week“ to support and reward innovation
- Open, transparent culture that includes All Hands meetings, Lunch-and-Learns, all-company offsites, etc.
- Access to corporate gym membership rates, other discounts and employee perks
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered lunches twice a week, breakfast on Fridays and more!
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. Marqeta is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.