Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes that cash flow day one. With over $2B in transactions, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a great workplace by Glassdoor and Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $83M to date, is based in Oakland, CA and Dallas,TX with approximately 200 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
This is an excellent opportunity to join a small but quickly growing company that is leveragingnovel data setsand machine learning to fundamentally transformthe real estate investment space. Our data science team works closely with data engineering, product and engineering to solve challenges across the company and touch every aspect of the business. In this high-visibility role you will push our products to new frontiers and serve as the authority on questions of analysis and experimentation for other teams.
What You Will Do:
- Learn and deploy newstate-of-the-art data science tools, whether they are in deep learning, Bayesian regressions or feature importance analysis
- Carry outfundamental research and ship production models running on amodern cloud stack
- Lead projects within cross-functional teams
- Mentor junior colleagues and promote data/statistical literacy in the organization and beyond
- Buyer segmentation & propensity modeling
- NLP and image recognition & segmentation to extract signal from real estate listings
- Property recommendation, matching, and personalization
- Graph analysis of property ownership networks
- Macroeconomic forecasting using ML
Build statistical, economic, and machine learning systems such as:
What You Bring With You:
- MS or PhD in computer science, economics, physical science, engineering, operations research, or similar quantitative and computational field
- 2-4+ years of industry experience (4+ for MS) withadvanced statistical analysis or machine learning
- Proficient in R or python and their related data science ecosystems; advanced data carpentry skill
- Engineering skills: you should enjoy writing well-documented robust code when needed; have solid knowledge of SQL; be comfortable with the command line and shell scripting.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, rapidly prototyping and testing new ideas, and evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of different modeling approaches and libraries
- Demonstrated communication and collaboration skills to effectively present, explain, influence, and advise within cross-functional teams
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of a well-funded mature start-up
- Equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible Time Off and sick days
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- An attractive and inviting custom-designed office environment
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and meals
- Company-sponsored outings
- Discounted Gym Memberships
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.