We are searching for a collaborative and impactful Senior Data Analyst to join our Analytics team! We offer the opportunity to work with a rich data set that includes over 70 million unique monthly users and 100 million daily events. The Senior Data Analyst uses advanced data extraction, data manipulation and analytics skills to generate insights from this complex and large volume of data. With a deep understanding of our data and a keen economic mindset, this team member plays an integral role in informing business decisions. They'll tell the story about what's happening in the business in a way that identifies issues and uncovers opportunities.
- Become an authority on using the full breadth of Dictionary.com data sources and analytics resources in order to solve difficult, non-routine problems
- Partner with product, editorial and marketing teams to understand how users interact with our sites and how third parties are performing in order to guide product initiatives
- Influence strategic and tactical decisions by providing analysis of internal and external business trends
- Help design and interpret multivariate tests of new site features and layouts
- Regularly present learnings to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Develop robust financial models that benchmark performance and aid prioritization decisions
- Research new big data technologies and identify the best uses of these tools
- 3 years of work experience in business analytics and the demonstrated ability to impact the bottom line
- Previous analytics experience in consumer web/mobile, internet advertising, internet search, e-commerce or a related field
- Proven experience applying analytics skills to drive insights and decision making
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience designing and executing experiments
- Experience with Tableau, Google Analytics, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive and Spark preferred
- Experience with Python or another scripting language preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, finance or another quantitative field
Who We Are
Dictionary.com is committed to eliminating anxiety with the English language through simple, expertly crafted definitions, the perfect synonyms, and rich narratives about the intersection of words and culture. We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we’ve made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team exudes energy and a passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.